Monday 24 September 2012

A Couple of Layouts From the Retreat

I'm not known to be a quick scrapper. I usually take 4-6 hours to do one page and I cannot leave things alone until I'm fully satisfied that it is complete, so when you give me twenty hours of non-stop scrapbooking, it doesn't mean I'll be churning out 20 pages. For this retreat, I came out with four! My all time low, actually; last retreat I did five pages. I think I spent more time chatting and catching up, helping out with anyone who requested it and also doing an eClips demonstration. All part of the experience, in my opinion.

Here are two that are complete. They are also part of a couple of challenges that were set out. The other two, I still need to tweak a little and add some journaling.

 Beautiful Belle
Each person was given a pack of Webster's Pages papers and embellishments and asked to create a page. We were also all given an Epiphany Crafts pennant punch and epoxy pennants as a welcome gift and also had to use these in the layout.
 I added extra embellishments that I brought with me; flowers, bling and the rub on cage and bird. See the epoxy pennant with the butterfly encased inside. I love this little gem of a punch so much.
 I cut out a couple of butterflies to fill in the little space under the flowers on the top right corner. To finish the page, I added silver Stickles around the page, circles and butterflies.

Products Used
Blue scallop papers, pleated grey ribbon and lace from Webster's Pages
Other papers from Prima Marketing Sun Kiss collection
Flowers, bling from Prima Marketing
Rub ons from DCVW Mariposa collection
Silver stickles from Ranger

Class 1H
These were new school papers revealed at the retreat.  For the challenge, we had to use some chipboard letters, acrylic shapes and button brads that were given to us.  My first thought was to keep the page clean and simple, but as usual, my hands would not let me do that. I took inspiration from the large painting behind the kids in the photo and I had to add a little grunge edge to it. As a matter of discretion, I blurred the other children's faces on photoshop for this blog.
For the title, I cut one of the acrylic arrows into a "1" and used the button brads to hold it in place. The "H" was inked and embossed with Utee.
The books border was hand cut before being placed at the bottom of the page. I stamped the other acrylic arrow before embossing with distress powder. Heating it up causes it to curl. While it is still hot, I pressed it between two flat surfaces. I again used a brad to hold it down.

Products Used
Papers and transparency die cuts from Little Yellow Bicycle Making the Grade collection
Chipboard letter from Making Memories
Acrylic arrow shapes from Clear Scraps
Silver button brads from Imaginisce
Stencils from Crafter's Workshop
Inks and distress embossing powders from Ranger Inks

Hopefully, I will have time to finish off the other two layouts and get them posted. Next week will be quite busy with classes to teach and also a mid-week cake order.

Thanks for looking.

Grace
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...