Wednesday 9 October 2013

Three For Two

Hey there,

Finally getting round to posting on the retreat layouts I did. During the spring retreat, I got through four layouts in two days; this time managing to get through three full layouts and finishing off one I had been working on, so I'm not counting that one in my production count, although I will post it on here. Hopefully, this is not becoming a downward trend, or else I'll be coming away with just two layouts for the next retreat. Hope not!

Here's what I got through in the two days.

Lush Picks
 I was working on this at home and couldn't quite get it the way I wanted, so it was kept on the back burner for a few weeks. In the end, I got mad at myself and just told myself to finish it. All it was really missing were a couple of extra embellishments and the title. So here it is.
 I love the words strip and felt it would have been a shame to cut it all up, so left it whole. I do like the little postcard behind the photos. The title took forever to choose. We go fruit picking every time we're in the UK for the summer, so I was running out of suitable titles.
This paper collection is a lot of fun, with so many colours and cute embellishments.
Cute little 3D stick bike that I just had to put somewhere on the layout.

Products Used
Papers, chipboard, stickers from Simple Stories I [heart] Summer
Yellow cardstock
Yellow foam Thickers from American Crafts

Be Free
Chalkboard is a huge trend this year. Seems like all the paper lines have incorporated black/chalkboard papers or embellishments somewhere in their collections, and I am loving it. Any layout with a little (or a lot) of black really makes what ever you put on it pop.
I used a few fussy cut and sticker flowers and leaves to frame the photo.
I splattered on some Celadon and Ginger Flower Silks Acrylic Glaze on the background paper to add another dimension and bring out the colours of the paper line.
I free-handed the "be" to match the paper line. I like the added white acrylic paint accents around the elements. I think it adds movement and visual interest.

Products Used
Papers, stickers and quote card from We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard collection
Celadon and Ginger Flower Silks Acrylic Glaze
Black foam Thickers from American Crafts
White acrylic paint

   Lovely
Using the same paper line as the above layout, I used the ombre peach paper as the background this time, with black as a secondary colour. I love the shabby chic look of this page.
For the background paper, I added Carmen Silks to molding paste, before spreading it randomly through a circle lattice stencil. I then highlighted them with gesso. I rough distressed the edges of the papers before stacking them down, lacing ribbon around two of the pieces.
 Lots of pretty Prima flowers frame my cutie on both sides.
I added a gorgeous resin heart which I found locally, placing it in a chipboard frame. I also love the little bird and nest. I finished everything with a brush of gesso to highlight.

Products Used
Papers from We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard collection
Chipboard frame and decorative brads from My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio collection
Flowers from Prima Marketing
Black glitter chipboard Thickers from American Crafts
Circle Lattice Stencil by Heidi Swapp
Carmen Silks Acrylic Glaze
Enamel dots by My Mind's Eye
Heart, bird nest resin and ribbon sourced locally
White gesso from Golden

Zoommm
Here's something different from what I usually do. The colours are super bright and were perfect for these photos. I laugh every time I look at them. In the first one, hubby is driving with a fierce look; in the second, Miss C is driving, hence his scared look. I've decided that I really do need a line or two of journaling on the layout about this.
I wanted to complement the photos with all the accents - using frames to look like race tracks and arrows to suggest speed.
I love the cute tags and cameras. Again, another paper line with chalkboard papers and accents.
Love the little speech bubbles - they match the fun aspect of the layout.

Products Used
Papers and stickers from Echo Park Here & Now collection
Paper frames, arrows and arrow button from Fancy Pants What A Wonderful Day collection
Grey cardstock from Bazzill Papers

There you go. Three (and a half) layouts done. Wish there were more, but I guess I will have to challenge myself on that next retreat.

Now it's time to finish off my November HK Memory Chest kit club samples before we go away this Thursday. Miss C has her mid term holidays next week and it's also our 10th wedding anniversary on the 18th, so we're off to Rome and onto a cruise through the Mediterranean. What a trip that will be. Can't wait!!! Right after we get back, I'll be doing the biggest and most challenging cake ever for my cousin's wedding.

I'll see you back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for dropping by,



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...