Sunday 6 October 2013

HKMC Retreat Reveals - American Crafts Mayberry

Hey all,

On to the sample layouts I did for the paper line reveals.  This was part of the retreat class pack which was handed out to all participants. Funnily enough, I'd already done another layout with this collection in May, which was part of  a My Creative Scrapbook kit I received.

Country Walks
This line is full of beautiful bright colours and patterns with a summery feel. The photos were taken during a long walk around a loch in Scotland this summer. Well done, Miss C for keeping up for the whole hour.
Look at those colours on the scalloped strip. I also love the little tickets - so versatile.
For the faux canvas paper, I added gold embossing powder over a floral stencil to add a little texture and interest.

Extra Elements: American Crafts Thickers, Prima Floral Stencil, Fancy Pants chalkboard tags, gold embossing powder, Studio Calico wood veneer pieces, buttons and die cut leaves, white acrylic paint

Gorgeous Smiles
I love how this collection has such a variety of colours and patterns; gingham against flowers, numbers against chevron - and it all works so well together. When I saw the flower paper, I knew which photo I wanted to use with it, and I'm sure you can see why.
For the background, I added molding paste over the same floral stencil I used in the first layout above. I then splattered on a dark pink ink and a "tea cup stain" effect with black ink in strategic places. The black chalkboard tags were stamped with white acrylic paint.
I edged all the papers with black ink to make each layer stand out.

Extra Elements: Prima floral stencil, Black Soot distress Ink, pink spray ink, Fancy Pants chalkboard tape and tags, American Crafts thickers, light molding paste

Next post:  Kaisercraft

See you soon,



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...