Wednesday 12 June 2013

Giant Ducks That Go Quack


Hi all,
If you're from Hong Kong, then you could not have missed the giant duck sitting in Victoria Harbour for the last month. The rubber duck, an art piece by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman, measuring 32 metres high, sat bobbing in the water for thousands to gawk at. You could see him from the other side of the harbour and I just had to take Miss C into the throngs to have a closer look. It really is quite cute. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to the duck on Sunday night as it makes its way to the next destination.

Quack Quack
 This paper line just came into the HKMC shop yesterday and I quickly grabbed it up as I love the bright colours and thought they would go well with my photos.
I'm also entering this layout for the MCS May sketch challenge.
 Could not resist putting in this title. Placement was a pain but I think I finally got it balanced correctly.
 I love how the flowers from the paper line seem to match the ones on Miss C's dress. (She loves this dress, hence you see it in different settings). There was a chipboard flowerpot, which I filled with large colourful flowers.
  Cute chipboard bird house and labels make it so easy to put together.

Products Used
Papers, stickers, chipboard and clear cut shapes from Little Yellow Bicycle Poppy collection
Large yellow flower from Bo Bunny Blossoms Buttercup Zinnia
Smaller paper flowers from Prima Essentials 5
Blue title letters unknown
Mini yellow alphas from Basic Grey

Thanks for looking,


2 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at MCS!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...