Wednesday 4 July 2012

Envelope Photo Box

Hi all! It's been a week since my last post. I have been doing projects but just haven't had time to post them until today. First off, is one for my August class with HKMC. I was inspired by Prima educator and designer, Marion Smith from one of her live videos. I love the way the gears sit on top of each other and you secure the lid by interlocking gears. Very cool.

I die cut the gears from lightweight chipboard and covered them with a crackle paints and distress embossing powder before gluing them down in a specific pattern so they would interlock.
I covered heavy chipboard with paper to make the box itself and gave it a bit of a distressed look.
The inside pockets are made out of normal brown envelopes sized to 5"x7".

Since this is for my August class, forgive me for not putting in the full instructions.  I will be holding this class on 7th and 14th August (Tuesday) from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.  Again, you can sign up for this class with Erika from HKMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...