Thursday 23 April 2015

CNY In IFC

I've been busy this week working on next month's HKMC kit, to be revealed in early May and I can tell you, it is so much fun. One hint: watercolour.  I can't wait to show it to you but alas, we will have to be a patient a bit longer.

At today's crop, I decided to change tactics and instead of thinking up an original layout, I wanted to follow a sketch. It also gave me the opportunity to finally submit another layout for the MCS sketch challenge and this is my entry for April.

http://mycreativesketches.blogspot.hk/2015/04/aprils-sketch.html

And here is my layout:

CNY in IFC
I love the colourful triangle paper and although it's quite busy, I wanted something cheerful and bright for the colourful photos. I tried to leave the rest of the details pattern free to balance off the busy background, although I do love how the pink cut out flower really pops off the page.
I added an accent corner on the top of the photo, just a small cluster of flowers and tags.
I love the wood look camera - it also adds a bit of 'neutral' to all the colours.

Products Used
Papers, die cuts, washi tape and sentiment stickers by Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine collection
Flowers by Marion Smith
Tag and canvas heart by Crate Paper Craft Market
Canvas Thickers by American Crafts
Grey cardstock by Bazzill Papers

Thanks for dropping by,


1 comment:

  1. I Love all your cute color and accents!Thank you for playing along with us at My Creative Sketche!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...