Sunday 23 March 2014

Love and Happiness

Hi. How was your week? It's been a good week here; pretty uneventful, which is how I like it. Birthdays are over and it's back to normalcy, so I managed to get a couple of layouts out and complete a cake order for Friday.

Here's the first one that is based off a Prima layout by Cari Fennell. She did this for a live Prima ustream tutorial, and I wanted to do something similar. Whether you work off a sketch or scraplift off another layout, they both serve the same purpose; providing inspiration and ideas.

Love & Happiness
I love the soft colours in this layout, with the pale pinks and hints of pastel blues. I used raw canvas instead of burlap for my backing material. The funny thing was, I didn't have a photo for this layout when I started. It was only after I was almost done with it, did I hunt for a photo to add to the page.
I sprayed the raw canvas with some muted pinks and blue, drying it, before adding the molding paste over a mask. After that, I edged it with distress ink and also used a pattern stamp randomly around the page.
 I wound jewelry wire around a cylinder before securing it around the accent flower with good glue. I coloured the wooden words with distress paints.
I attached toothpicks to the banner stickers before placing them behind the flowers.
I placed some lace borders on the left and some hand made tags above the photo. I love the crystal and pearl decorative border.

Products Used
Patterned papers, die cuts, ATC cards, flair buttons and stickers from Prima Marketing Delight collection
Flowers, wooden word icons, Say It In Crystal and Pearls border, metal clip and typewriter key paper clips from Prima Marketing
Paradise Stencil from Crafters Workshop
Distress ink and distress paints by Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink
Background stamp from Kaisercraft
Lace Trim stamp from Penny Black
Lace, wire and canvas from stash

Thanks for looking,






No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...