Wednesday 26 March 2014

Eighth Birthday Joy

Hi all.  I think you've probably figured that I'm not a huge double layout per, but once in a while, there comes a layout that has too many photos to do in just one page. Birthday pages are just that. Too many photos you want to scrap and record, and this time I had a great birthday paper collection to work with.

One of the things I love about My Creative Scrapbook kits (and I've been subscribing to the kits for five years now), is that they always bring out a birthday themed collection every year, around March or April. Having the kit come during this time period means I won't procrastinate about scrapbooking those party layout.

Eight Is Great
This paper line is so much fun, with bright colours, patterns with balloons and candles. I hand cut the uneven green scallop for added detail. I also broke out some of my oldest scrapbooking tools: patterned scissors to add interest to the circles.
I cut the balloons out of one of the papers and added stickles on the dots to match the title.
The MCS kit came with one paper straw, which I cut up and added "flames" to. Wish I had another one though, so I could have eight candles.

Products Used
Patterned papers, tags and blue glitter dot chipboard letters from R Memory Keepers Hip Hip Hooray! collection
Bingo card tags from Jenni Bowlin
Jeweled brads from Echo Park
White, blue and yellow cardstock from stash
Baker's twine

Thanks for stopping by,



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...