Friday 14 February 2014

Oh Sweet Darling!

Hi there,

I am on a roll this week with another layout. I have a bunch of lovely ladies that come over every Thursday and we eat, gossip and manage to finish a page (usually). It took me a while to get inspired yesterday until I spotted one of my MCS kits from last September. I still have so many kits I haven't used or opened yet. I have my work cut out.

So, straight into tackling this gorgeous Prima based kit.

 Sweet Darling!
I love the colour contrasts of aqua, pinks and black. I did feel that the background paper needed a little injection of mixed media to make it stand out a bit more. The photo was taken last summer by the River Wey in England; a river which has burst its banks today and is causing floods all over Surrey. Hoping the rain will back down so all the water can drain away soon.
I love the little dress chipboard and the pink variegated flower is just too beautiful. I coloured the wooden heart red and then added clear crackle paint on top. I finished off this accent corner with some wound up twine.
For the background, I mixed some blue and green paint with gesso separately and spread it on the paper with a spatula, marbling the two colours together. I then stenciled white gesso through a chevron stencil in random areas before adding some stamped flower images all over the page. For the edges of the paper, I diluted more gesso and used my finger to smear it unevenly around the border.
Finish the top right corner with some extra cut out flowers, tickets and dresses.

Products Used
Patterned papers, chipboard, wooden heart, tags and tickets from Prima Marketing Anna Marie collection
Pink flower from Prima Marketing Bel Canto-Dark Pink
Sea Breeze and Marine Blue acrylic paints by Kaisercraft
Gesso by Golden
Floral stamps
Chevron mask by Prima Marketing
Fired Brick, Pumice Stone distress inks and Rock Candy crackle paint by Tim Holtz for Ranger Inks
Brown twine from stash

It's amazing how the colours make this layout pop so much and it really catches my eye when I walk past it.

Thanks for looking and Happy Valentine's Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...