Tuesday 11 February 2014

Back To Take The Challenge

Hi all,

During the first few days of Chinese New Year, we had the most amazing warm weather with clear blue skies. What happened!? I'm now sitting wrapped up in four layers of clothes, a fleece blanket and a portable heater aimed straight at me (we don't have central heating here in Hong Kong). Brrrr...

Anyway, I thought it was about time to get back to the monthly MCS sketch challenges after missing out for a few months and you know what they say: New Year New You. That's a paper line by Webster's Pages, actually.

Here's the My Creative Sketches January challenge sketch and my take on it.

http://mycreativesketches.blogspot.hk/2014/01/january-sketch.html

Believe In Love
I love the fresh colours in this paper line, with the bright greens and reds. I wasn't going to do the red border at first but then I cut my green banner too short and had to elongate it somehow. I'm actually happier with it now.
I gessoed the paper with a spatula for a subtle texture before adding molding paste with the circle lattice stencil. I then machine stitched the red border around the outside. I love the little pails and the pearl arrows are way too cute.
I went with an unconventional (for me) green for the word 'believe' and I think it works out really well in contrast to the pink 'love'.

Products Used
Patterned paper from Webster's Pages New Year New You collection 
Circle Lattice mask, flowers and pearl arrows from Prima Marketing
Fabric DIY Thickers from American Crafts
Love chipboard word from Heidi Swapp
Gesso and light molding paste by Golden
Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn and Antique Linen by Tim Holtz for Ranger
White and blue cardstock from Bazzill Papers

I love these papers so much and I still have lots remaining to do a second layout and I have an idea of what I want to do. Stay tuned.

Thanks for dropping by,


 


3 comments:

  1. Grace,

    Excellent work using this kit, Beautiful layout. Thank you for entering the My Creative Scrapbook Sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it Fabulous Job! Thanks for Playing at My Creative Scrapbook Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just beautiful! Thank you for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...