Friday 28 February 2014

Looking Back At Seven

It's getting to be that crazy time of year again when the hubby and child both turn another year older; all within four days of each other. Here's when the "who gets which weekend" juggling act starts. To top it all, we're off to Sydney for a few days and coming back the day of hubby's birthday, which means my planning time is even shorter. No cake for him from me as he wants a dinner that night after we get back. Trying to sort everyone out now.

For Miss C, we're looking at a Furby themed party and then a sleepover for a couple of her best friends. Luckily, we've agreed on only a handful of kids, so it will be a small and quiet party. Parties and planning aside, I'm still getting my head round the fact my little girl is turning eight in two weeks. Sigh. It's so bittersweet to see her growing up and how she can be smarter than me sometimes. I'm so happy she is still into giving and receiving lots of hugs and kisses.

In order to record this last year, I've done an @seven page. I did an "@ six" page a while back, and wanted to continue one for each year.

 You @ Seven ...Almost 8
The paper is actually part of some Valentine themed paper lines. The layout is based on a sketch that was included in my February MCS kit club package. I've never really used the sketches they include before, but I love the upside down pennant that was in this month's sketch.
They included some DIY spray flowers and I got to use my brand new gelatos. I'd been eying a set of these for ages but was put off by the price. After using them again at CHA, I couldn't resist anymore, so I ordered mine at HKMC. I am lovin' them.
This photo was taken last Sunday. I was going to leave the title at You @ Seven, but I couldn't resist adding "Almost 8".
Paper dolls!! Ever since Julie Nutting came out with the first one, I've loved them and have half a dozen in my stamp collection, but this is actually my first time using one on a layout. I was inspired by a friend of mine who put them on her last few layouts. They really add that extra something something to your page and are so much fun to piece together.
 I had Miss C's favourites typed out on a hidden journaling card. I'd love to view these layouts later on to see how her tastes change over the years. LOL at how she can't choose just one toy. She loves her stuffed toys.

Products Used
Patterned papers (apart from black with hearts), 3d stickers from Pebbles Yours Truly collection
Black with pink hearts paper from Crate paper Love Notes collection
Black acetate doily from Maya Road
Paper doll stamp and script paper for doll by Prima Marketing
Paintable flowers from Heidi Swapp
Glitter foam Thickers by American Craft
Gelatos for background by Faber-Castell
Black ink from Dylusions
Metal tab by Tim Holtz
Barn Door distress ink by Tim Holtz for Ranger Inks
Paper doily from stash

Hope you enjoyed this page.

See you soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...