Friday 20 April 2012

Canvas Mixed Media Class

Hi all. Two weeks off from scrapbooking/crafting while Miss C was on holiday, but now she's back in school (since Monday) and it's back to classes for me too, although I'm on the other side of the table, teaching the classes instead.

On Tuesday, I got to teach my mixed media canvas class. I'm not going to go through too much details on the blog as it would be unfair to those who actually took the classes, but this canvas incorporates the use of gel mediums, gesso and acrylic paints as well as scrapbooking papers, embossing powders and lots of trinkets.

My original canvas
Layering of mediums, trinkets, paints and stamping.
Cluster of different elements to give the canvas texture and dimension.
The class (along with my other classes), are taught at the HKMC shop in Sheung Wan. For this particular session, I had seven students all eager to learn some new techniques.

Oh good. Smiles and laughter means happy students, I hope.
(photograph courtesy of HKMC Virginia Lam)
Kimmy contemplating her next move.
(photograph courtesy of HKMC Virginia Lam) 
A different take on the layout - Sonia cut and stuck a photo down to enhance her canvas.
(photograph courtesy of HKMC Virginia Lam)  







Adding finishing touches for texture.
(photograph courtesy of HKMC Virginia Lam)  
I have another one of these classes on the 24th from 7:30pm - 9:30pm. Details can be found on the HKMC website.

Products Used
Mini art canvas from an art store
Papers from Cosmo Cricket Evangeline line
Gesso, gel mediums and glass bead mediums from Golden
Trinkets sourced locally
Paint from Kaisercraft

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...