Wednesday 29 February 2012

Rejoice

I got to work with some stunning papers on this layout. My Mind's Eye always comes up with beautiful papers, but this time, they really outdid themselves. I got to see the whole collection during CHA and was so happy that HK Memory Chest (HKMC for short) brought them into the shop, that I got the whole lot of papers. I wasn't quick enough on the embellishments and the chipboard was all gone by the time I got there.  These papers are just so versatile. They come in two colour palletes, blue and pink, with modern prints, as well a shabby chic look so you can mix and match.

How pretty is this paper? I cut a hole through the top piece and layered the back with the green piece to give it some contrast. From there, I layered on the the frame and photo before adding the hexagon cut outs and bling. I wanted to add a few more romantic accents in the chair and chandeliers and finished it off with a border of liquid pearl dots.
 I backed the music paper onto grungeboard before die-cutting the butterfly. On top of that, I added Glossy Accents and Perfect Pearls. The edges are rimmed in Smooch ink.
After cutting out the hexagons, I distressed and inked the edges. I then ran a couple of them through an embossing folder to give it some texture.
For the title, I crackle distressed them with Crackle Accents and used a white marker to give it more depth.
I still have lots of the same paper line to work with for my next project and I can't wait to do a page for my hubby's birthday layout late next week.

Products Used
Papers and stamps from My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Collection
Bling flourish from Kaisercraft
Butterfly, chair and chandelier dies from Sizzix
Liquid Pearls from Ranger
Smooch pearlized ink from Clearsnaps

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...