Thursday 4 June 2015

Us

Hi. Last week we had my sister in-law and her son, Miss C's cousin over from England and we had such a great time. The kids really miss each other and usually only see each other once a year during the summer. This year we don't have plans to go back until Christmas, so they came over for the week. I love seeing them together; they get along so well.

Them being here did mean giving up my scrap area to make room for a bed so I was happy to get back to it this week. I haven't done a mixed media page for a while and wanted to dabble a bit.

 Us
 I love this romantic background paper with the music notes and lantern. I love the photo, taken at a charity ball - a rare one where both of us look kind of presentable.
 I sprayed and dabbed mist inks on the background before adding molding paste over a rose stencil and then adding some stamping around the area. For the hanging heart, I painted, then crackled and gessoed to give it more texture.
 I then layered on the die cuts and flowers. I love how the yellow spiral flower makes for a bright focal point next to the photo.
 I dug deep into my stash of flowers just to have some different contrast in flowers; fabric, paper, felt and mulberry.

Products Used
Background paper by Blue Fern Studios
Other papers by various brands - Lemon Craft, Crate Paper, AdornIt
Die cut flowers by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper
Flowers, brads, background stamp and stencil from Prima Marketing
Chipboard dangling heart by Blue Fern Studios
Silks acrylics paint
Ink sprays by Lindy's Stamp Gang
White ink spray by Studio Calico
Clear Rock Candy crackle paint
Sticker letters by Doodlebug Designs
White gesso by Golden
Silver glitter Paper Pen by Viva Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...