Thursday 7 May 2015

My Brave Super Star

Hi there.  Looking through my photos, I realize there are so many photos I still haven't scrapped. Sometimes, you just have to be in the mood to scrap particular photos, you know what I mean? Like the following sports day photos. For some reason, today was the day to scrap them.

I was looking through the My Creative Sketches blog and wanted to utilize some of the previous sketches, even if the sketch challenges were over.  I chose the one from the February challenge; perfect for multiple photos, and in fact I used a 2x4 grid rather than the 2x3 grid in the sketch.


My Brave Super Star
Another year, another sports day. This actually took place in November last year and it's taken me this long to scrap them. If you look at the above sketch, it only has three photos but I like how my layout has turned out without being too busy.
I did a torn border for the title strip. It gives a bit more texture to the page than just a cut edge. I love the ripples on the corrugated title.
 I'm not huge journaler but this story had to be told. Poor little Miss C, she really was so brave. A few tears in her eyes but she kept a stiff upper lip, pick herself up and finished her hurdles and all the other events.
What luck to find this sentiment in my stash. The elephant is just too cute so he had to go somewhere.

Products Used
Blue diamond and green striped paper and Today journaling card by Echo Park Anything Goes collection
Numbers paper, die cuts, frame, stickers words and washi tape by Amy Tangerine
Green corrugated Thickers by American Crafts
Small brown circle letters by My Mind's Eye Citrus Twist
Stars by Freckled Fawn

Thanks for dropping by,



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...