Friday 22 May 2015

Icicles in Tutus

Hi there. I can't believe I've not scrapped these photos yet. I know I printed them out a while ago and thought I had already done a layout, but I guess not.

Miss C loves her ballet lessons and every year, the ballet school puts on a performance. Last year's theme was called Ask Alice and featured Alice in Wonderland but with a twist and had a snow queen as well as other characters. Miss C was one of many 'icicles', with their beautiful blue tutus and as there were an odd number of them, one icicle (mine), was chosen to do a short solo with one of the principle dancers. I was so proud of her, seeing her come down the middle with the snow queen, I actually burst out crying. So silly.

Snow Queen's Icicle
 I didn't have any winter themed papers to go with the photos, so I chose some nice vintage papers and added some icicles as accents instead. That sort of pulls the papers in to match the photos.
 I heat embossed a couple of layers of blue embossing powder to some scrap paper before die cutting out the icicles. I added flowers as well to bulk out the page.
I splattered gold mist on the background paper and added a few bling brads to make the layout sparkle a bit more.

Products Used
Papers by Blue Fern Studios and Marion Smith Designs
Flowers, title alphas and bling brads by Prima Marketing
Embossing powder by Lindy's Stamp Gang
Gold paint by Ranger Inks

Thanks for dropping by,







No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...