Wednesday 29 January 2014

I'm Back and Ready To Go!

Hi all,

How is everyone doing? It's been agessssss, I know.  Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. Saying that, it's been so long since I've blogged, that even Chinese New Year is upon us in two days. It has been non-stop since before Christmas, and only now have I had time to just sit down and get my head around to writing (and scrapbooking) again.

 A quick photo before Christmas lunch

We had my in-laws here for six weeks from the beginning of December and they actually only left mid January. I'd say that was one of the reasons why I haven't had time to do much else. It was a long stay but we had a good Christmas with them and I think they enjoyed themselves.  Right after Christmas, we all flew to Singapore for an Asian cruise that took us to Phuket and Port Klang in Malaysia. We rang in the new year on the ship, before arriving back in Singapore and ate our way through all my favourites. I can never resist chicken rice, rojak, laksa, chilli crab, fish head curry (OMG, this is so good) and of course, we had to bring back a gorgeous green pandan chiffon cake (the best).

 Enjoying a refreshing coconut in Phuket
 Bibbing up for some yummy crab in Singapore

Right after coming back from Singapore, I left the hubby to deal with look after his parents, while I headed off to CHA!! Oh yeah. More of that later as I think it deserves its own entry. I came back just in time to send off the in-laws, who were leaving for home on the same day.

Now, you're going to hate me, as after one day back, we jetted off to Hokkaido, Japan for a snowy four day weekend trip. What? Another holiday?? This was courtesy of hubby's company and we spent a day in Hakodate, savouring the most freshest and tastiest seafood, before hopping over to Sapporo for shopping and more yummy foods. Miss C and I both love our Japanese food, so we were more than happy.

 How many plates did we eat?? Not enough!! (In Sapporo, Japan)
 Building a snow cat in freezing cold Hokkaido

That's pretty much taken us up to this point. Funny to say, but I'm looking forward to a quiet week at home this Chinese New Year. No destinations, no planes, just the three of us vegging on the sofa together. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some crafting done and have more layouts and projects to show you very soon.

Hope everyone who celebrates have a wonderful Chinese New Year and wishing you all a happy and prosperous Year of the Horse.

Kung Hei Fat Choy,




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...