Thursday 31 January 2013

Ribbon Spool Mini Album Class

Hi there,

It's been another busy few days here. I finished a couple more layouts - again, I need to wait to show them as the papers haven't actually been shipped yet, but let's just say, that they are the cutest papers from Echo Park. I can't wait to share the layouts with you.

My other project, which I'm absolutely in love with and couldn't keep to myself, is this ribbon spool album. I'd been dying to do this for ages and ages, ever since I saw a version of it online and wanted to do it as a class. I cannot remember where I saw it though. December and January have been looney, but finally, I had time to sit down and do it. It's all flowery and dreamy and romantic, lots of bling and glitter. So gorgeous in real life. I'm really in love with this. Did I say that already?

Ribbon Spool Mini Album
The spool measures 4" wide by 3" tall. I love the papers used - Prima Fairy Belle. So soft and beautiful.
I added machine stitching as a decoration. This is optional as the papers are actually reinforced on the inside.
Love all the gorgeous flowers and accents.
The album itself, when unwound, is approximately 34" long. It's up to you how long you want to make it, depending on what photos you want to use.
Another angle of the album. I haven't opened it up fully for the pictures as it would be too long to fit in one shot.
 
I placed the album title on the inside panel as I wanted the album to not look like an album, if you know what I mean. It just looks like a decorated spool from the outside. That way, your viewer gets a surprise when they open it up.

I'll be holding this class at the HKMC shop in Sheung Wan. Again, you can contact Erika at info@hkmemorychestonline.com or ring the shop at +(852) 2559 0175 if you would like to join me in making a beautiful keepsake. You can bring photos in if you want or mount them at home once the album is done. If you do bring photos, they should not be taller than 3". The ones I used in my album are 2.5" tall by 1.6" wide.

Class Dates
21st February (Thursday)
7pm to 10pm

26th February (Tuesday)
7pm to 10pm

Class Fee
HK$500.00, including all materials. Photos to be brought in by student, if used. See above for photo sizes.

Hope to see you there,

3 comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...