Sunday 3 June 2012

Bringing a Little of the Fifties

I remember from my childhood when my mother used to make some of her own clothing and I remember those dress patterns on crispy tan paper. Unfortunately, I never did learn how to use them and for the life of me, I cannot remember any of my sewing lessons from home economics.

I've had this collection sitting in my paper stash for the longest time and although I'm not a child of the fifties, looking at them does bring back the nostalgia.  The photo was taken at the winter CHA this year where we got to mess around at the GCD Studios booth. Fitting then, that these papers are from the same company.

I straight cut the ladies from matching papers, leaving a little of the background around them to make them pop. Don't you love the ladies? Betty Draper, eat your heart out. Lots of layering and balancing out the blues, reds and pinks around the page.
I sewed a double curved line around the back sheet to tie in the sewing theme.
Layering different elements and the rose paper trim to anchor the photo.
Products Used
All papers, paper trims and cards from GCD Studios Homespun Chic 2009 Collection (sadly retired)
Distress inks from Tim Holtz for Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...