Friday 2 March 2012

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012 - March

Tim Holtz, one of my heroes, used to do a 12 tags of Christmas, but he recently changed his format to 12 tags of 2012, featuring a tutorial once a month on his blog. Last month was the Valentine's tag I did here, and this month, he upped the ante by doing a faux mosaic effect. I followed as closely as I could with the materials I have.

I wanted to use a brighter "grout" for the butterflies just to give it the contrast and I love the Inkadinkado flower stamp on the background.
This was a quick fifteen minute project but the possibilities with the mosaic effect is endless and you can adapt the technique to any die cut shape to give it that amazing look.

Products Used
Grungeboard, distress inks, tag die and butterfly dies all from the Tim Holtz range
Flower Stamp by Inkadinkado
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Trinkets and ribbon sourced locally

1 comment:

  1. I love your tag! Great background and your mosaic butterlies are lovely. I love the use of the metal butterfly and flowers.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...