Thursday 15 March 2012

Easter Fun

Easter is fast approaching and apart from the religious connotations it brings, it also signifies spring and all things new. I love how all the colours of nature come back to life after a dull and dreary winter and we can pack away the bulky sweaters again.

I must really be missing the sun, for as I write this, there has been nothing but four solid months of overcast and cold weather here. Oh well, if I can't get it for real, I can still put it on a page, right?  I had originally pulled out this kit to use for Miss C's birthday but I'm glad I kept it for this. With gorgeous pastels and cute patterns, it has really brightened up my day.  The pictures are from an Easter picnic and egg hunt we did with friends last year. I remember the weather being nice and warm by this time last year so I hope we will see the same very soon.

Pretty pastels scream spring is here. I layered several pieces of patterend papers from the same line under the photos, giving each piece a different edge.
When placing accents, always go for odd numbers, or the rule of three.
I wound matching coloured twine around the raised chipboard accents to give it that extra element.
Add a string of pearls to your banner to make it pop a bit more.
Here's hoping for the sun to come out soon.

Products Used
Papers and letters from Echo Park 2011 Springtime Collection
Chipboard canvas accents from My Yellow Bicycle Fabric Favorites Elizabeth Park Collection
Twine and pearl beads from my stash
Distress Ink in Spun Sugar from Tim Holtz by Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...