Sunday 13 September 2015

HK Memory Chest Kit Club - September 2015

Hi there. How is everyone with their crafting this week? We finally got our September kits after some shipping problems, so very sorry for the late reveal.

Every September, we start with a travel kit for those photos taken during the summer holidays. Even if you didn't go away, this kit has enough for non-travel layouts too.


September Kit 2015
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper – Journey
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper – Tourists
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper – Discover
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper – Adventure
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper – Good Times
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Puffy Stickers
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper Die-cuts
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper Wood Veneer
Imaginisce Happy Traveler Paper Clear Stamp – Plane
Project Life Rub Ons
Shimelle True Stories Buttons
Bella Rouge Frayed Flowers
Paper Clips – Feet
Niche Foam Stickers – Hello World
Buttons
Charms
Feathers


Here's the sketch for the month:




Amazing View
At first I wasn't too sure about using a whole sheet of cameras as the background, but now I love it. The photo was taken on our cruise ship through a glass viewing platform, looking down from deck 9.
I cut circles to place behind the photos and free hand cut the striped scalloped papers. I love the gold rub-ons which pop out through any patterned paper.
I added a cluster of embellishments to 'anchor' the photo. Love the gorgeous feather that pulls your eye up the page.

Cruisin'
In comparison to the first layout, this paper is pretty clean and neutral with a postal border. I love the red journaling card as that is so true to cruising - it really is taking the scenic route.
I lightly gessoed the background before adding splotches and splatters of blue ink. I love the embellishments that go with the kit.
The die cuts and foam embellishments pull the page together.

Icy Straits
I wanted more focus on the photos so kept the page relatively embellishment free. These photos were taken in a tiny little nature reserve where we got to walk under the magnificent pines and ate the largest, freshest crab claws I've ever seen.
I kept a side border for journaling and the title and just a couple of small embellishments on the page.
Again, I did some smooshing with black and yellow distress inks for the background.

Lucky Biz Class Travel
For this next layout, I framed the white cardstock with the light blue aeroplane paper and smooshed in a light blue spray. We were lucky enough to fly business class to and from Vancouver and it was Miss C's first time. She looked so small and cute in her flat bed seat and she enjoyed every minute of it.
I added gold rub-ons on the pink ticket and inked the wooden globe before adding a sticker on top. Love the big plastic mirrored aeroplane to complete the page.
I added accents in all for corners and love the foot paperclip. Pretty random, but so cute.

Paddle Boating
This time I used a light blue cardstock and added some blue stenciling and gold ink splatters before layering on my papers. We went paddling on seacycles. Tough work but the scenery and wilflife we saw around us more than made up for it.
I kept the accents to small little clusters and concentrated on the journaling instead.
 I added a sentiment die cut and stamp to the rest of my accents.

Here's some of the layouts from the other DT members:

Stay By Me by Erika Lui
The World Is Like A Book by Erika Lui
There Is A Great Big World Out There by Belly Lau
Amazing Day by Belly Lau
Sweetly Disney by Belly Lau
 Adventure by Belly Lau
Pack Your Bags by Belly Lau

Discovery Bay Crop 
14th September (Mon)
10:30am - 12:00noon
Hosted by Grace Wong
Chai Wan Crop
15th September (Tue)
12:00noon - 1:30pm
Hosted by Belly Lau

Tuen Mun Crop
19th September (Sat)
2:30pm - 4:00pm
Hosted by Belly Lau 
 
Looking forward to seeing you at crop.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...