Friday 12 April 2013

Spring Cleaning

Hello there,

We're back from our Vegas adventure. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and Miss C is already asking when we can go back again. Mind you, I think going on holiday anywhere in the world would get the same reaction from her. I have some new paper lines to work with soon, so you'll be able to see glimpses of our time there.

You might have noticed that my blog is looking a little different lately. It's been more than a year since I reformatted my blog layout, so i changed the header image and moved things around a bit. Mainly, I re-labeled each post into more concise categories, so it's easy to search for paper lines and themes, as you can see from the right hand column and moved the blog lists to the left side. I hope this makes it easier to find things on my site. Please let me know what you think.

Home a day and I couldn't wait to do a layout, so here's a simple one of Miss C dyeing her Easter eggs.

Dye
I like the whimsical free form placement of the photos and elements here. The colours go well with the patterns in Miss C's dress as well. Don't you love the clipboard matts behind each photo?
 The eggs were cut on my eClips, and then inked. I hand-cut the banners and inked them too.
Cute co-ordinating flowers and wooden accents, sprayed to match, completes the page. It took a while to think of a title short enough for that space, so I kept it simple and just called it "Dye".

Products Used
Papers from Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic collection
Paper flowers and wood accents from Prima Marketing
Felt flowers from American Crafts
Alpha glitter chipboard Thickers by American Crafts
Distress Inks in various colours from Tim Holtz for Ranger Inks
Heart shaped brads and twin from stash

Don't forget that next weekend (19th and 20th April), HKMC is holding their Spring Retreat, so if you haven't already signed up, now is the time to do it. There will be loads of welcome gifts, prizes and challenges, so join in the fun with us. For more details, check here.

See you soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...