Thursday 4 April 2013

HK Memory Chest Kit Club - April 2013

Hey all,

Say hello to April showers. Well, they've already starting over here. Lots and lots of rainy days ahead, but at least it's keeping the temperature cool. I love rainy days (not so much when I have to go out in it), but it feels so nice to be sitting inside, staring out at the steady rain falling past my window. There is something so comforting about it - like being cocooned and warm inside. Having said all that, I'm sure I'll be whinging about it a week from now when it just. wont. let. up.

Anyway, to complement the start of spring, we have brought in a gorgeous kit. When we saw this paper collection at CHA, we just HAD to have it. I'm so glad this one arrived just in time for April's kit club - it's so apropos, down to the name, Renew.

April 2013 Kit
2 sheets Authentique Renew "Rejuvenate" papers
2 sheets Authentique Renew "Transform" papers
2 sheets Authentique Renew "Flourish" papers
2 sheets Authentique Renew "Foundation One" papers
1 pack Authentique Renew Puzzle Pieces die cuts
1 pack Authentique Renew Block Numbers die cuts
2 pieces Authentique Renew Petite Folders
1 pack Jillibean Soup Alphabeans in Blended Black
1 pack Jillibean Soup Wise Words in Yellow Happy
4 pieces Jillibean Soup Swallowtail stick pins
1 large and three medium flowers from Prima Marketing
2 feet of dark blue satin ribbon

Add-On Options
Authentique Renew Mini Notes
Authentique Renew Titles and Phrases
Jillibean Soup Wise Words in White Smile
Jillibean Soup Wise Words in Blue
Jillibean Soup Alphabeans in assorted colours

April Sizzix Die
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Roses Set


 Cherish Family Time
I love the contrast of the blues and yellows with stark black. It just makes everything pop. I really think our subconscious can play a huge part in how we plan our layouts. Only after I finished the layout, did I notice that I had mimicked the mountains in the photos with my torn borders. Odd.
I love itty bitty little letters and the Jillibean Soup Alphabeans letters and wise words are just a joy to work with. I used one of the petite folders to create a hidden journaling spot and used one of the puzzle die cuts for the journaling pull out tab.
 
 You know me and my fussy cutting - the flower pattern begged to be cut out. Also, I love the puzzle message pieces. This was the main thing that drew me to this paper line. So unique.

Extra Elements: black cardstock, Black Soot Distress Ink

Like Me, Like You 
 As always, I do one layout a month for the MCS sketch challenge, and this one is for the current March/April one. When I look at this photo, it's uncanny how much we look like each other. There is so much of me in Miss C, that I had to do a layout based on that.
 I made cute little banner titles and used the butterfly stick pins for each one. Love the block number die cuts.
The roses were covered with sprays and mists to give a pop of colour. Just love the yellow script sticker. Love the faux water droplets - just dot Glossy Accents randomly around the page (inspired by the subconscious again? Because of the rain outside, maybe?)  I also splattered some white ink on the blue back paper and added a faux white stitch border to finish the page.

Extra Elements: Glimmer Mists, Dylusions Ink Sprays and Perfect Pearl Mists, Black Soot Distress Ink, black cardstock, Martha Stewart punches and EK Success punch, Glossy Accents, white tulle netting and doily paper

Other DT Projects

Prima Doll Stamp Tag by Angela Collingwood
 Face Paint by Angela Collingwood
 Pricess Family Memories by Angela McDaniel
Footloose and Fancy Free by Erika Lui
 Hei Hei in the Park Mini Album by Erika Lui
 You Are My Ray of Sunshine by Erika Lui

Here are the kit crop times:

Sheung Wan Crop
9th March (Tuesday)
7:30pm - 9:30pm
Hosted by Erika Lui

16th April (Tuesday)
10:30am - 12:30pm
Hosted by Grace Wong

Discovery Bay Crop
11th March (Thursday)
10am - 12pm
Hosted by Angela McDaniel

If you're a kit member, or even if you also have this collection, I'd love to see what you do with these papers.

See you soon,

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining My Creative Scrapbook sketch challenge Grace, lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this paper and your layout really makes it extra lovely! Thanks for playing along with MCS.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...