Wednesday 26 August 2015

Think Happy Be Happy

Hi there. Yesterday was a great day. It was my first kid's scrapbooking class at my home. I'll be doing a class every Monday, concentrating on a different technique and theme every week. I only have two little girls at the moment, to be three next week and hopefully will expand to a full six.

This week, we did a simple stenciled layout where the girls went to town with rainbow colours and cranked out die cuts on the Big Shot. All lots of fun.

Starting off very simply with a stenciled background.

On to my current layout. I'm slowly making my way through our summer holiday photos.

Think Happy Be Happy
I love the colours in this kit - dark pink, yellow, orange and greens. Such a pretty combination.
 I sponged on some gesso on the background paper and also smushed some distress paints around the page and splattered with some white paint before putting down the photo and embellishments.
I dug out some resin flowers from my stash to bulk out the embellishments. I added lots of layers to the photos and also a lace edge.
I love the little ready made pinwheel and the cute wooden buttons. Oh, and of course the cute smile in the photo.
I added a cute happy flair to the heart banner and some sequins around the page.

Products Used
Paper, diecuts, layered embellishments and flair from Fancy Pants Summer Sun collection
Wooden buttons from Shimelle
Lace from kit
Puffy white Thickers alphabet from American Crafts Dear Lizzy
Sequins from stash
Distress Paints from Tim Holtz for Ranger
Gesso from Golden

Thanks for dropping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...