Tuesday 30 September 2014

September Layouts

Apologies for the lack of posts - I've just been plain lazy about it, which is unforgivable. On the other hand, I haven't had that many layouts to show. I've only scrapped one layout a week, during our weekly crop sessions; daily life getting in the way.

As I sit here and type, I'm watching history take place in my home town. Hong Kong is fighting for democracy and thousands are on the street, in a peaceful protest, asking the Chinese government to honour the promises they made to Hong Kong and its people. Last night, the demonstrations escalated into a shocking debacle, whereby police were using pepper spray and tear gas to "control" the crowds. It was like a scene taken from some apocalyptic film and has caused the city to grind to a halt, with schools and banks around the hot areas closed for the day and public transport scarce. Miss C's school is within the districts affected, so she'll be home for the whole week.

It is at the same time a sad and awe-inspiring spectacle. Sad that things had gone the way they did last night and awe-inspiring the way Hong Kong's citizens and residents have united together to support each other for this worthy cause. Praying that a resolution will be found and Hong Kong can retain its identity in these trying times.

On to the layouts which I feel I should finally post before I completely forget.

First Holy Communion
 Well overdue layout considering the communion took place in June. I was saving this kit from MCS for this particular layout, which is a representation of a sketch that came with another kit.
 A simple layout with a cluster of flowers along one side. I love the flower sprays jutting from both sides of the cluster. This kit came with die cut angels which were perfect for the theme.
I edged the semi circles with lace and the die cut roses were edged to give them more definition.

Products Used
Papers, stickers and die cuts from Kaisercraft Key to my Heart collection
Flowers from Prima Marketing
Alphas from Doodlebug Designs
Distress Inks from Tim Holtz for Ranger Inks
Cardstock from stash
Lace


Yummalicious
 Miss C loves her chocolate shakes and I had to capture her mid slurp, of course.  I love how the colours in the paper match the colours in her outfit. This layout was also inspired by a sketch from MCS.
I love the contrast of multi-colours with the grey background paper - it makes everything else pop so much more. The cute words were cut from from one of the papers.
 This little camera die cut made me giggle as I felt it went with the photo well - Miss C slurps those choco shakes so quickly, they're gone in a blink. The ice cream sundae die cut was kindly given to me by one of my crop mates to complete this layout. Thanks Mandy.
The coloured balls was a sticker strip which I fussy cut. Yummalicious is a word that I use to describe the most yummiest, delicious foods, naturally.

Products Used
Papers, stickers from My Mind's Eye Creative Agenda collection
Brads from My Mind's Eye Now and Then collection


 Brother & Sister
The hubs is the youngest of four siblings and as you can see he's also the only male, which means he was thoroughly spoilt as a kid. This photo was taken at his sister's wedding last summer. I like the subtle gold tones in the paper and tried to mimic that around the page and borders.
I love the gorgeous flourish stencil which came with this kit - it really helps give dimension to the background paper. I layered horizontal strips of different patterned papers behind the photo.
 Funnily, I didn't look carefully at this kit before picking it for the photo and didn't know it had the words Brother and Sister (wish it was sisters) until I was halfway into using it. Lucky pick. I patted gold rub n buff into a chipboard ampersand to tie the title together.
I love this phrase and seeing their relationship with each other, quite befitting.

Products Used
Background paper and die cuts from Authentique Harmony collection
Other papers from Carta Bella Moments & Memories collection
Flourish stencil by Prima Marketing
Light molding paste by Golden
Ampersand chipboard alpha Thickers from American Crafts
Tarnished Brass and Black Soot distress stains by Tim Holtz for Ranger Inks
Gold Rub n Buff

So there we go, the last three layouts I did. My next post will feature the HKMC October kit, so stay tuned.

Hope you enjoyed looking and see you soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...