Friday 20 June 2014

Lifetime Memories

Another week, another layout. In fact, I did a couple more but forgot to take photos. Duh...

The other two were for two good friends who are leaving Hong Kong very soon. They are also regular crop buddies; part of our Thursday sessions and it will be really sad to see them go. We'll be down two wonderful ladies and they will be sorely missed. I had done two layouts; one for each of them and we took a lovely group photo yesterday, which I stuck to the layouts with hidden journaling and sentiments from each of us. I then handed them over before remembering to take a photo of the layouts. I think the recipients were well chuffed with the little gifts.

During the crop session, I was able to start this page and finished it today. It's been a while since I've done a shabby chic page and this one was fun and easy to do as the papers were so gorgeous.

Lifetime Memories
The papers are naturally grunged up already, with gorgeous distressed patterns and even the corrugated cardboard is a printed effect. Such a great background paper. The photos was taken on New Year's Eve last year on our cruise to Singapore.
 Look at all that printed texture on the paper. I pretty much left the paper alone and only used some light molding paste through a floral stencil. No inks or sprays necessary. The flowers are so stunning as well and go well with the paper line.
I love the music note motifs in the patterned paper and I left the title simple, cut out from some of the sticker quotes in the kit.
I backed the photos and photo mats with a natural weave burlap. 

Products Used
Patterned papers and stickers from Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope collection
Flowers, pearl flourish and floral stencil from Prima Marketing
Light molding paste from Golden
Vintage Photo distress ink by Tim Holtz for Ranger
Bisque liquid pearls from Ranger
Blue lace

This page is going to be a gift for my in laws, so I'll be placing it in a shadow box and lugging it over to the UK with me next week.

The next few days before we go will be pretty manic. This coming Sunday, Miss C will receive her Sacrament of First Holy Communion, followed by a small celebration. I still have to make a little cake for that. I am also trying to finalize some plans with our contractor as we are getting the flat repainted and having some repairs done to our windows and eaves while we are away. I plan to bring a minimal amount of supplies with me on our trip, so hopefully, I'll be able to get some layouts done when we're over there.

Hope you enjoyed looking and happy summer to everyone,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...