Sunday 27 April 2014

Easter Holidays - Update

How was your Easter? How did you celebrate? Anyone stuff their faces with lots of Easter chocolate? Cadbury creme eggs are my weakness and I still have a hidden stash of minis for those sweet tooth cravings.

We skipped out on egg hunts and decorating this year and headed off on a 24 hour journey to The Happiest Place On Earth. Do you know where? Yes, that right. Orlando, Florida. Twelve days of ageless fun. Miss C had a blast, of course. We did Walt Disney World; the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and also Universal Studios. Miss C is a huge Harry Potter fan, just like me and was ecstatic to be able to walk through Hogwarts and Hogsmeade village.

Saying hi to Elsa and Anna at the Magic Kingdom - every little girl's dream.
I don't think you can be too old to go on a merry-go-round. There is a certain charm to them.
Gobsmacking choice of cheesecakes at the Cheesecake Factory - actually pretty decent food here.
 Something you didn't know - I love roller coasters. Hubby and Miss C love them too, but I'm talking about the tallest, biggest ones with big drops and lots of loops. I've been known to keep hubby waiting for me while I queue for this adrenaline thrill.
Frothy, creamy, cold butterbeer at Hogsmeade. We had some at the London studios last summer and have been pining for more. I think I'll have to search out a similar recipe for this to recreate at home.
Of course, we had to take a day or two out of the theme parks to do some shopping and one of the must go stops has to be Michaels. Miss C loves roaming the aisles and finding all sorts of crafting wonders, just like me.
Our brunch on day one at Ihop. See the look of skepticism on hubby's face and the happy face on Miss C. That didn't last very long, until she started to ask for sushi. Luckily, we were able to find a couple of sushi places to indulge in.

All in all, a wonderful holiday and one to remember. Look out for layouts coming out soon.

Thanks for looking,


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...