Monday 21 May 2012

Trip to the Land of the Rising Sun

I know, I know. I've been silent for the last week. I had the opportunity to go to Japan with hubby and his company so, of course I jumped at the chance. We did four days in Osaka with a side day trip to Kyoto.  It's not our first time there, so it was more of a shopping trip rather than a sightseeing one. I had one specific thing that I wanted to get. Washi tape, or masking tape as it is called there. MT and Scrapaholic are two big names when it comes to Japanese washi tape. It's not the cheapest thing in the world, but that didn't stop me from getting almost every colour and style they had.

Drool worthy decorative tape
Now, I am a HUGE fan of sushi, so when we stumbled (after walking around in circles in Shinsaibashi) upon a mega sushi restaurant, we just had to go in. When I say mega sushi, I mean mega sushi. There were pieces that were as large as a deck of cards.
I always love going to Kyoto. It's only half an hour away from Osaka by train but so different. Here, it's not unusual to see ladies tottering around in their kimonos and wooden slippers. I love every little immaculate detail in their dress; from the beautifully coiffed hair to the intricately tied obi sash.

OK, that's enough of this post. I promise the next one will be on a layout or project. Guess what I'll be using on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...